Tuesday, May 15, 2018

Happy book birthday to THE QUEEN OF SORROW!

I was raised on fresh raspberries, whole milk, and epic fantasy -- Terry Brooks, Mercedes Lackey, Anne McCaffrey, David Eddings, Guy Gavriel Kay... Growing up, I read my favorites over and over again, and I dreamed of writing my own trilogy someday, filled with grand adventure and deadly magic. I wanted it so badly that I barely ever talked about it -- it felt like a wish made on birthday candles, and I was so desperate for it to come true that I didn't want to do anything to dispel the power of that wish.

Today I am so happy and grateful to be able to share that wish-come-true with you! Today my very first epic fantasy trilogy is complete!!! It's the pub day for THE QUEEN OF SORROW, Book Three of The Queens of Renthia, published by Harper Voyager. I wrote these books out of love for the stories that shaped me and out of a wish to add my own brand of badass women to the genre.



Renthia is a world of extreme beauty: sky-piercing mountains, endless glaciers, and towering trees with cities nestled in their branches, all thanks to an overabundance of nature spirits. But the spirits who created all this glorious beauty aren't sweet, frolicking pixies. These spirits want to kill all humans, and only certain women -- the queens -- have the power to control them.

THE QUEEN OF SORROW concludes the stories of Daleina, Naelin, and Merecot, as the three determined queens clash over two countries plagued by bloodthirsty spirits.

If you're interested, more information can be found on my website, including the first three chapters.

To those of you who have come with me on this journey -- ziplining through the trees of Aratay and running with the wolf Bayn -- thank you so much for joining me! It means so much to me to share this adventure with you!

And to those of you who are new to Renthia... Welcome! Happy reading! Just watch out for the trees. They bite.

 

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home