Saturday, August 24, 2013

Two Back-to-the-Future Boxes

Remember George McFly's box of books in Back to the Future?

After Marty returns to 1985 and before anyone notices how severely his memories are messed up (which, incidentally, sounds like the start of a horror movie -- his family and friends all possess a different set of memories), he watches his dad receive a box in the mail, brought inside by Biff (who is inexplicably allowed to be anywhere near Lorraine).  George opens it, and it's the author copies for his first published novel.

I love that scene.

Apparently it's too minor a moment to even rate a YouTube video, but it was formative for me.  As soon as I saw that movie, I started wanting that box.

So now, every time I receive author copies of a new book, my husband and I call it the Back-to-the-Future box.

Or sometimes the Breakfast-Club box when we mix up our 80s movies.

And then "Don't You Forget About Me" gets stuck in our heads for hours.

You're welcome.

Anyway, over the past week, I've received not one but TWO Back-to-the-Future boxes!  Here's the box full of copies of the paperback edition of VESSEL (which comes out on Aug 27th):




And here's the box full of my new YA book CONJURED (which comes on Sept 3rd):



Opening boxes like this does not get old.  In fact, it feels like bells should be ringing, angels should be singing, and elephants should be trumpeting.  The Back-to-the-Future box is final, incontrovertible proof that the book is real -- and that soon, very soon, it will be out in the world!

Labels: , , ,

5 Comments:

At 2:50 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

That is AWESOME! Only a few more weeks till Conjured is on the shelves, and you have a full box of them! Are you going to use them in a contest of some sort?

 
At 11:51 PM, Blogger Sarah Beth Durst said...

Priya: Thanks so much! Back-to-the-Future boxes are made of AWESOME!!! And yes, some of those books will probably be used for giveaways on various blogs where I'm doing interviews or guest posts.

 
At 5:54 PM, Blogger Jazz said...

Very cool!

Someday, I'll have my own box....

 
At 2:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations Sarah, that's great :)

 
At 3:01 PM, Blogger Sarah Beth Durst said...

Jazz: You definitely will!

Georgina: Thanks so much, Georgina! I'm so excited!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home