Tuesday, October 18, 2011

My Novel in Pictures

Imagine that this is a sixteen-year-old vampire girl. Absolutely gorgeous. Absolutely evil.


One night, she's feeling peckish. So she goes to the local ice cream store. Snacks on the ice cream boy.


She finishes and then notices that across the parking lot, between the dumpsters, there's a unicorn...


She mocks the unicorn for its sparkling shininess. When she's bored with that, she turns to go home. And the unicorn stabs her through the heart.


That's where Drink, Slay, Love begins.

This reenactment is courtesy of the Avenging Unicorn play set, a gift from my fantastically awesome agent, Andrea Somberg. It comes with four different horns and three figures to impale, including a mime.


It's entirely possible that this is the best thing anyone has ever given me. I'm thinking of bringing it to my upcoming events.

Speaking of which... here is my schedule for the next two weeks:

On Thursday, Oct 20th, I'll be participating in the Earthsea Group Read at the Center for Fiction in NYC. A slew of writers, actors, and others will be taking turns reading A Wizard of Earthsea by Ursula K. Le Guin as part of the Big Read honoring Le Guin. It will be streamed live online.

On Saturday, Oct 22nd, at noon, I will be reading and signing at Books of Wonder, a fabulous children's bookstore in NYC, with six other fabulous authors: Alison Goodman, Jeff Hirsch, Jon Skovron, Scott Westerfeld, Maryrose Wood, and Gabrielle Zevin.

On the following Friday through Sunday, Oct 28th through Oct 30th, I will be at the World Fantasy Convention in San Diego, CA. Schedule TBA.

The unicorn and I hope to see you soon!

Labels: , , , , ,

3 Comments:

At 2:34 AM, Blogger Q said...

Whoa, you're going west! Just not QUITE to the right place... :P

 
At 9:32 AM, Blogger Sarah Beth Durst said...

Q: I promise I'll wave as the plane flies over...

 
At 12:30 PM, Blogger Clover Autrey said...

That is so hilarious. I love this post and wish I had toys like that.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home