Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Drink, Slay, Love

I have BIG news!

You know that Top Sekrit Project that I've been talking about? Well, it's not top secret anymore! Here's the announcement in Publishers Marketplace:

Children's: Young Adult
Sarah Beth Durst's DRINK, SLAY, LOVE, about a vampire girl who develops a conscience after she is stabbed through the heart by a unicorn's horn, to Karen Wojtyla at Margaret K. McElderry Books, in a two-book deal, by Andrea Somberg at Harvey Klinger (world).

Words cannot express how excited I am about this. So I shall resort to sounds:

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!! YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!! EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!

I have had the best time writing this book. Seriously, it has been so much fun that I have felt secretly guilty for enjoying the process so much.

Most of that is due to Pearl, my vampire girl. She's kick-ass. And, you know, mostly evil. I love her. I wouldn't ever want to meet her in a dark alley, but I love her.

I also love my unicorns. These are not your run-of-the-mill fluffy My Little Pony unicorns. These are were-unicorns who slay vampires (because who better to hunt vampires than someone with a built-in stake).

So. Much. Fun. To. Write.

And I am so thrilled to finally be able to tell you about it. I have been sitting on this news for a while, but now it's official!

DRINK, SLAY, LOVE will be out from Simon & Schuster in fall 2011, followed by an untitled second book in fall 2012. I am sooooo happy that I get to continue working with my wonderful editor, Karen Wojtyla, on these books. And I am sooooo grateful to my amazing agent, Andrea Somberg, for putting this deal together.

I shall now commence the Snoopy Dance of Joy!

Labels: , , , , , ,

19 Comments:

At 12:58 AM, Blogger Katie said...

Congrats! The book sounds AMAZING. And has one of the best titles *ever.* :)

 
At 1:44 AM, Blogger Enna Isilee said...

SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

 
At 6:19 AM, Blogger Laura said...

YAY. Sounds amazing!!! =D

 
At 8:58 AM, Blogger Q said...

Congrats!

The countdown begins...

 
At 9:39 AM, Blogger Leah Cypess said...

YAY! Congratulations! And yes, vampire-slaying unicorns makes *so* much sense. Now that you've thought of it. ;)

 
At 10:22 AM, Anonymous Steph Burgis said...

Eeeeee!!!! Congratulations!!!! I can't wait to read it!

 
At 10:37 AM, Blogger Kim Harrington said...

Congrats!

 
At 12:22 PM, Anonymous Sav said...

It intrigues me. Hmmm. I think I'll have to read them.

 
At 12:37 PM, Anonymous nova ren suma said...

CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

 
At 12:51 PM, Blogger Sarah Beth Durst said...

KatieDoll: Thanks! I'm so happy that you like the title! I'm really excited about it.

Enna Isilee: I echo your "squee" (and am adding several more "e"s on for extra emphasis).

Laura: Thanks so much!

Q: :) Thanks!!

Leah: When I thought of vampire-slaying unicorns, it was one of those quintessential "ah-ha" lightbulb-over-the-head moments. Now, I can't picture unicorns as anything but vampire slayers. :)

Steph: Thanks so much! (I've totally been saying "Eeee" all morning.)

Kim: Thanks so much!

Sav: Happy to hear it!

Nova: Thanks so much! I'm so, so, so excited!

 
At 3:23 PM, Blogger Lauren said...

I can only imagine what the book cover will look like! LOL But I'm sure it will look lovely, just like the other covers! :D

 
At 3:28 PM, Blogger PaulaAlicia said...

Is the title a play on Eat Pray Love? lol - because that would be fantastic. :)

 
At 5:09 PM, Blogger Alice V.D. said...

can't wait till the boook comes out in New Zealand. :)

 
At 7:01 PM, Blogger Jazz said...

Congrats on the sale! Vamps and unicorns are toe of my favorite things.

 
At 10:29 AM, Blogger Sarah Beth Durst said...

Lauren: I haven't seen the cover yet, but I LOVE what S&S did with Ice and Enchanted Ivy, so I'm excited.

PaulaAlicia: Yes, it is indeed!

Alice: I'm really, really, really excited about this book. Hope you like it!

Jazz: Thanks so much! I love vampires and unicorns too. They were soooo much fun to write about.

 
At 1:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Sarah Beth! That is soooooo exciting for you!

 
At 11:16 PM, Blogger Erin said...

Wheee!!!!!!! Congratulations, Sarah!!! That sounds so fun. :D

 
At 2:29 PM, Blogger Sarah Beth Durst said...

Josh: Thanks so much! I am REALLY excited!

Erin: Thank you!!! This book has been so much fun. Best writing experience I've ever had, actually.

 
At 4:28 PM, Blogger Heather Tomlinson said...

Wahoo! Very exciting, and sounds like a ton of fun to write-- and read. Congratulations!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home