Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Excerpt from ICE

21 days until ICE!!!

In honor of that occasion, and to give you a better taste of the book, I just posted the prologue and first two chapters on my website. Enjoy!!!

Once upon a time, in a land far to the north, there lived a lovely maiden...

Cassie killed the snowmobile engine.

Total silence, her favorite sound. Ice crystals spun in the Arctic air. Sparkling in the predawn light, they looked like diamond dust. Beneath her ice-encrusted face mask, she smi
led. She loved this: just her, the ice, and the bear.

Click here to read more.

I'll wait.....

So... did ya like it? Did ya? Did ya?! Did ya?!?!

The same excerpt is also now available as part of
Simon & Schuster's YA sampler, Lit Up. Click here to open the sampler, which includes excerpts from nine new YA books coming out this fall. ICE begins on page 19.


Labels: , ,

11 Comments:

At 12:38 AM, Blogger Ruth (Book Focus) said...

Thanks for posting the excerpt! I've pre-ordered the book now - just thought I'd let you know. :)

 
At 12:42 AM, Blogger Sarah Beth Durst said...

Ruth: Yay! Thanks!!

 
At 9:39 AM, Blogger christine M said...

The excerpt was awesome. Now I know I have to read this book!

 
At 9:48 AM, Blogger Sarah Beth Durst said...

Christine M: Glad you liked it! *does happy dance*

 
At 12:26 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

ARGH! How can you tempt us like this?! I want to read this one so bad--even more now!

 
At 3:16 PM, Blogger Jazz said...

Loved it! Just asked my library to order it for me. Got a link to the excerpt from Janni Lee Simner on Facebook.

 
At 7:08 PM, Blogger Q said...

Ooh, I do love the excerpt. I can't wait to read the whole thing!

 
At 3:44 AM, Blogger Ruth (Book Focus) said...

Hehe, the excerpt was almost annoying. I started reading, and was thinking, "OK, I like this... definitely got to get this one... I'll stop at the end of this little bit." And then at the end of that bit I kept reading, and decided to stop at the end of the NEXT bit... and then kept reading... and then the excerpt ended!

It's gotta be a good sign if you can't even put down (so to speak) the excerpt! :)

 
At 10:01 AM, Blogger Hannah said...

Oh, why did it have to finish? Completely fantastic excerpt, thank you so much, except...now I have to wait weeks to read it! Patience has never been my virtue and I'm going to have to pre-order it now. I can't wait for my bookshop to get organised enough to stock it.

Thank you, it was a really great excerpt, even if it's making spend money I really don't have yet.

 
At 11:56 PM, Blogger Sarah Beth Durst said...

Beth: Heh-heh! *tempts*

Keryn: Cool! (Janni, thanks!!)

Q: Glad you liked it!

Ruth: That is a good sign. Thanks!

Hannah: Yay! Thanks so much!

 
At 2:10 PM, Blogger Judi Guizado said...

It sounds so good! My daughter and I are reading "Julie of the Wolves" together right now, and your artic tale sounds so much better, just from the excerpts. We're counting down the days with you! Congrats!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home