Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Books of Wonder!!


I love this poster.

I really, really love this poster.

I may have to steal a copy of this poster.

Seriously, larceny is in my future. Cue the Mission Impossible music. I'm goin' in. Who's with me?

As the above poster says, this Saturday at noon, I will be appearing at Books of Wonder with Gail Carson Levine, Scott Mebus, Claudia Gray, and Diana S. Zimmerman. To say that I am excited about this would be an understatement. HUGE understatement. Like unicorns-are-rare kind of understatement.

For one thing, it's at Books of Wonder, which is a fantastic children's bookstore in Manhattan. I want to read every single book in this store. Also, it shares space with a cupcake store. And rumor has it that it also has a secret underground lair filled with first edition signed copies of Harry Potter guarded by ninja-trained cats and a shark-infested moat. The sharks, of course, have laser beams on their heads.

For another, I will be reading from and signing copies of Out of the Wild. This will be the very first time that I get to sign copies of Out of the Wild. (The actual official publication date is June 19th.) I may end up petting them and cooing at them as I sign. They're so BLUE! Pretty, pretty blue!

Lastly, look at that author list! Scott Mebus, Claudia Gray, Diana S. Zimmerman, and GAIL CARSON LEVINE! AHHHH!!! I know that I'm going to totally make an idiot of myself in front of Gail Carson Levine. I love her books. Ella Enchanted. The Two Princesses of Bamarre. The Princess Tales. I am bouncing in my chair as I type this.

If you're going to be in NYC this weekend and would like to see me totally lose my cool next to Gail Carson Levine and/or join me in sneaking past the laser-beam-wearing sharks to claim my beloved poster, here are the event details:

June 14th (Saturday) from 12-2pm
Books of Wonder - Reading/Signing
18 West 18th Street, New York, NY

Hope to see you there!

Ooh, and I almost forgot. Today I had a wonderful bit of coolness: Ms. Editor sent me my very first beautiful blue hardcover smells-like-a-new-book finished copy of Out of the Wild. The package arrived midday, but (showing remarkable self-restraint, if I do say so myself) I waited until my husband came home from work before opening it. He's been with me every step of the way, so I wanted to share the moment with him.

I then proceeded to hug the book for the next hour. :)

8 days until the Wild returns...

Labels: , ,

7 Comments:

At 10:16 PM, Blogger Q said...

I. Am. So. Jealous.

Green paint, coming your way.

 
At 6:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That sounds amazing! I'm going to have to check out a few of those books.

Don't worry- She's absolutely wonderful. I was that nervous when I met her as well, and I didn't make a bumbling fool of myself. We talked for about forty five minutes- she's just generally awesome!

 
At 7:59 AM, Blogger Madison said...

You should totally steal that poster. Or just ask if you could have one, but it'd be more fun with the "Mission: Impossible" theme.

Gah! I can't go. Piano recital that afternoon. And considering that's two and a half hours to NYC and two and a half hours back...no way. But since I have the piano recital...I sadly can't even ask my parents. :(

 
At 10:02 AM, Blogger Traci said...

exciting!! I can't wait to read it!!

 
At 6:36 PM, Blogger Sarah Beth Durst said...

Q: *ducks to avoid paint*

Lookbooks: I'm REALLY looking forward to meeting her and to meeting the other authors too. Their books look cool.

Anilee: Totally understand. Best of luck at your piano recital!

Traci: Thanks! I'm so excited!

 
At 9:14 AM, Blogger Tasha said...

So sad that I don't live anywhere near NYC!!! I would be there in a flash.

Can't wait for your book though!!

 
At 4:34 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Any chance you'll come back for a book signing in NYC once my 6 copies of OOTW arrive from Amazon? If I can
I'll stop by this weekend anyway and wear black to help with the stealthy poster maneuvers....

- Cathie

 

Post a Comment

<< Home