Tuesday, April 01, 2008

LOL-Aslan Contest Winners!

U guyz rock. Srsly.

Thank you to everyone who submitted entries to the LOL-Aslan contest! I loved reading all of them. So did Perni (my cat).

It was hard to choose a winner. I know that sounds cliched, but it was seriously hard. I'm the kind of girl who can agonize for a solid hour about which nearly-identical pair of black pants to wear. If I'm faced with a decision where there are multiple equally-good answers, I'm doomed
. And there were lots of excellent choices here.

Perni also had problems choosing a winner. The plan was simple: I write down the names of entrants on little pieces of paper and place them in a circle around Perni. She walks toward one of them, and that person wins. Execution of the plan... not so simple. I wrote down the names, placed them in a circle around Perni, and sat back to watch the action.

Perni ignored the paper, rolled onto her back, and licke
d her belly.

For some cats, this is a short one-lick-and-done pro
cess. Not so with Perni. She must align every single hair on her fuzzy belly. When she finishes that, she moves onto her tail, which of course disturbs her belly fur... Rinse, lather, repeat. So once she started on the licking, I knew we were in for the long haul and I went to fetch myself some soda.

Yeah, that was a mistake. When I returned, the cat was gone, and the papers were scattered about the room like confetti. But as I
collected the papers, I realized that Perni had indeed selected her winner: one of the pieces of paper was half-eaten.

And so without further ado, here are our winners... Dr
um roll, please...

My choice for the winner of the LOL-Aslan contest: Faith


And Perni's choice for the second winner: Susan


Congratulations, Faith and Susan! Please email me your mailing address, and I will send you each a copy of Through the Wardrobe: Your Favorite Authors on C. S. Lewis's Chronicles of Narnia, edited by Herbie Brennan and including an essay by yours truly.

And as promised, the next contest is just days away! This time, I'll be giving away ARCs of my forthcoming novel, Out of the Wild. Stop by this Thursday (4/3) for all the details...

Labels: , , ,

5 Comments:

At 7:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats you two!

 
At 9:05 AM, Blogger Enna Isilee said...

w00t! Congrats! Fun contest.

 
At 11:53 AM, Blogger Faith said...

Squee! How exciting! Thank you! And I thought all the entries were fun. It would not have been an easy decision.

 
At 3:03 PM, Blogger Q said...

Congratulations!

 
At 11:41 PM, Blogger Susan Moorhead said...

I iz so happy :)
Okay...I must revert to normal speech before this sticks...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home