Thursday, December 06, 2007

Galleys for OUT OF THE WILD!

Look, look, look, the galleys for OUT OF THE WILD are here!!! Snoopy Dance of Joy!!!

Wait, before you look, let me back up and explain... OUT OF THE WILD is the sequel to INTO THE WILD, coming out in June 2008. It's my second book. (Here's a summary.) I'm very, very excited about it. A galley (also known as an advance reader's copy or ARC) is the step before it bec
omes a finished book. It's basically a mock-up of what the book will look like, except that it's in paperback, has yet to be proofread, and (in this case) is missing the shiny foil part of the cover art. (The real book will be hardcover and have a shiny silver stripe. Yay for shiny!) Okay, now may I have a drumroll please? Presenting... the galley for OUT OF THE WILD...


And to continue a tradition started by the lovely and talented Diana Peterfreund, here's me with my beloved galleys:


For more pictures of authors reveling in their galleys, click here.

And in case you were wondering, the silhouette on the cover is
Julie on a flying bath mat. Yes, a flying bath mat. :)


Labels: ,

17 Comments:

At 2:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Huzzah! The mighty contingent of Nashvillians rejoice in the splendor of the sequel galleys. Huzzah, I say!

 
At 8:43 AM, Blogger Alex Bledsoe said...

Congratulations!

 
At 11:32 AM, Blogger Adam Smith said...

Yay! Elayna (our daughter) will be so excited -- the first thing she asked when she finished it this past summer was, "is there a sequel?"

 
At 12:02 PM, Blogger Erin said...

Woo-hoo!!!!! Very pretty. :)

 
At 1:08 PM, Blogger E.C. Myers said...

Very cool! I'm looking forward to it.

BTW, I was at Pandemonium in Boston this weekend and I saw a mother purchasing Into the Wild. She wasn't sure if her daughter's too young for it, but I assured her it's an excellent choice :)

 
At 4:59 PM, Blogger Sarah Beth Durst said...

Rick: Huzzah, Nashvillians!

Alex: Thanks!!

Adam: That's lovely to hear! I had a lot of fun writing the sequel. It was like visiting old friends... and then turning their lives completely upside-down. :)

Erin: Thanks! I keep having the urge to pat the galley and whisper, "My precious..."

Eugene: So cool of you! Thanks!

 
At 9:24 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Congratulations! Totally awesome. I can't wait to read it! A flying bath mat? Whoa! My son loves the picture of you with the galleys and says that it tells a lot about you. (He enjoyed Into the Wild and can't wait to read this one.)

 
At 10:42 PM, Blogger Sarah Beth Durst said...

Sheila: Thanks!! It took a while to get that photo. The book kept falling off my head, and I kept cracking up. (Or more accurately: I kept cracking up, and so the book kept falling off my head...)

 
At 8:29 AM, Blogger Faith said...

Woot! Does it have a scheduled release date? I'm truly looking forward to reading it.

 
At 7:55 PM, Blogger Survival said...

Oh, they are so beautiful! ;)

 
At 10:20 PM, Blogger Sarah Beth Durst said...

Faith: Yep, it has a real, official, says-so-on-Amazon date! Out of the Wild's book birthday will be June 19, 2008.

Traci: Thanks!!

 
At 10:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ooooh, that ARC is going RIGHT on my wishlist!!!!!!! i am so excited!


ps- a quote from one of my students who is reading "into the wild" right now. "miss m., this book is soooo cool! i'm at the best part right now!"

sarah
thereadingzone.wordpress.com

 
At 9:26 AM, Blogger Sarah Beth Durst said...

Sarah: Yay! That's awesome!

 
At 11:14 PM, Blogger Tiffany Trent said...

Just stopped by to see what's going on in your world and look...galleys!! Woohoo! After what I heard at WFC, I'm on triple tenterhooks for this one! Have a wonderful new year, and I hope to hang out w/you again in 08!!

 
At 1:53 AM, Blogger Sarah Beth Durst said...

Tiffany: Thanks! And I'm really looking forward to reading Venom's Sweet Sting. Happy New Year! Hope to see you again soon!

 
At 11:08 PM, Blogger Bookworm said...

I loved it! It's like, the best book I've EVER read! (Aside from INTO THE WILD)

(: Bookworm

 
At 11:32 PM, Blogger Sarah Beth Durst said...

Bookworm: Thank you so much! Your comment totally made my day.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home