Thursday, July 05, 2007

Readercon

Happy (day after the) 4th of July! Hope you all had a wonderful day filled with lots of family, hamburgers (or veggie-burgers), and fireworks. I had the first two but missed the third. I got together with relatives, ate a LOT of food, and then came home and did laundry (because that's how cool and exciting I am). Seriously, though, the laundry was VERY necessary. While I can convince myself that socks are okay to wear two days (not in a row, of course -- that would be gross; you need to air those puppies out) at home, I don't feel comfortable sporting twice-or-thrice-worn socks at public events. And tomorrow, I'm off to a public event.


Tomorrow through Sunday (July 6-8), I will be attending Readercon. To quote the Readercon website, "Readercon is, depending on your point of view, either an annual literary conference (except it's infinitely more fun than that) or an annual science fiction convention (except we've stripped away virtually everything except talking about and buying books)." It's held in Burlington, MA, at the Boston Marriott Burlington, and I will be one of the program participants. Yay!

I've been to a bazillion cons over the years, but this will be the very first one where copies of my book will be sold!!!

Here's my schedule:

* Panel - Fri. July 6, 7pm - Holly Black, Michael J. Daley, Sarah Beth Durst, Sharyn November, Elizabeth Wein - "Young (and Very Young) Adult F&SF"

* Reading - Fri. July 6, 9:30pm - Sarah Beth Durst

* Autographing - Sat. July 7, 1pm - Sarah Beth Durst

* Kaffeeklatsch - Sat. July 7, 2pm - Sarah Beth Durst

* Panel - Sun. July 8, 12pm - Steve Berman, Holly Black, Sarah Beth Durst, Kelly Link, Sharyn November - "After Rowling and Pullman"

I will also be attending the Meet the Pros(e) Party on Friday night.

Isn't that a cool schedule? Look at those people on the panels with me! I really, really hope I don't sound like an idiot next to them. Also, this will be my very first autographing session at a convention. Hee-hee! And I get to do a kaffeeklatsch. (A kaffeeklatsch is basically a meet-the-author hour. Up to ten or so con attendees can sign up to hang out with an author and talk about whatever. If you're at Readercon, come hang out with me! I promise not to talk about my laundry.) And I have a 30-minute reading! For my reading, I am planning on doing a never-before-read-outloud-except-to-my-cat scene. My cat didn't bite me while I read it, so I think that's a good sign.

Hope to see you at Readercon!

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

At 9:12 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Oooh so close to me! Can I just crash this thing??? Give me a call when you are up here!

 
At 11:25 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Wow, those are some impressive panels you're on! You're hanging with the elite now.

Oh, and I think you're the only person I know of who could talk about your laundry and make it interesting.

P.S. I just got the KidsReads.com email newsletter and Into the Wild is featured! Congratulations! Great interview. I love what you said about fairy tales being meant to be changed.

 
At 11:44 PM, Blogger Laini Taylor said...

AWWWWWWEEEEESSSSSSSSOOMMMMMMMEEEE!
Wow. that's hard to read. It's a very very enthusiastic "Awesome!" Can't wait to hear how they go -- I LURVE Kelly Link! And Holly Black! YAY, you!

 
At 5:04 PM, Blogger Sarah Beth Durst said...

KATY: So sorry I didn't see this before I left!!!

SHEILA: Thanks! I enjoyed doing that interview.

In case anyone is curious, here's the link:

http://www.kidsreads.com/authors/au-durst-sarah-beth.asp

LAINI: Readercon was GREAT. I'll post an update soon(ish).

 
At 8:42 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Hey Sarah,

Just wanted to say it was great meeting you. Sorry we were on opposite sides.

Raj

 
At 12:02 AM, Blogger Sarah Beth Durst said...

Great to meet you too, Raj! (Even if you totally outplayed me. Why did I not guess you were the night inspector?!?) Hope to see you at World Fantasy.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home