Wednesday, June 06, 2007

You're Invited: Worcester Public Library

What: Reading/Signing of INTO THE WILD
When: Saturday, June 9 at 2pm
Where: Worcester Public Library (3 Salem Square, Worcester, MA)

This Saturday, I'll be doing a special sneak-preview book event for INTO THE WILD at the Worcester Public Library as part of the City of Worcester's Reading Week. It's special because (A) it will be my very first solo event and I'm sure I'll panic and say something horribly embarrassing, which could be quite amusing for anyone who isn't actually me, and (B) it will be the first time that anyone anywhere will be able to buy copies of INTO THE WILD!

Seriously! Two weeks before the official publication date!

Just this week, I got confirmation that a box of books is in central Massachusetts, waiting for Saturday. It took all my willpower not to hop in the car and drive up to Massachusetts to see them. This will be the first time that I get to see multiple copies of INTO THE WILD and also the very first time that I get to sign copies of INTO THE WILD.

Here's how the event is described in the Worcester Telegram & Gazette: "At 2 p.m., author Sarah Beth Durst, who was raised in Worcester, will talk about her first novel, "Into the Wild," a children's book that transforms the Worcester area into a fairytale kingdom. The event is free."

If you're in the Worcester area this Saturday, I hope you'll come by!

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

At 8:12 AM, Blogger Faith said...

How exciting! I wish I could be there. Just remember--no clucking like a chicken allowed, okay? :)

 
At 10:52 AM, Blogger Sarah Beth Durst said...

No clucking, no clucking, no clucking... Moooooo!

 
At 2:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

OH!!!! I wish I could be there!! I'd totally buy your book!

 
At 10:53 AM, Blogger Sarah Beth Durst said...

Thanks, Sookie! Wish you could be there too.

 
At 11:20 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Sarah! I am so thrilled for you. What a crazy week for Teen Rep - Jess Randall won a major award at the CFDA Awards on Monday - and now it is your first reading/signing! Anyway, I wish I could be there today but I'm in NH...I might have to send an ambassador...
:) love, katy

 
At 5:04 PM, Blogger Sarah Beth Durst said...

Thanks, Katy! And thanks for sending your mom to WPL! It was really great to see her and so sweet of her to come. Hope you had fun in NH, and hope to see you soon!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home