Thursday, February 22, 2007

Star-Studded TADN

I know, I know, you were expecting part 4 of my Boskone trip report. You were, I'm sure, waiting with bated breath. Fear not, dear friends, part 4 is just moments away. But first, I just have to tell you about last night.

Last night was this month's TADN (Teen Author Drinks Night -- see prior month's reports: January, December, November, and October), and it was totally star-studded. Check out the cool authors that I got to chat with: Holly Black, Coe Booth, Libba Bray, Cecil Castellucci, Cassandra Clare, Erin Downing, John Green, David Levithan, Bennett Madison, Lauren McLaughlin, Kate Morganroth, Natalie Standiford, Robin Wasserman, and Scott Westerfeld.

To clarify, I didn't actually talk to them in alphabetical order like that... You know, that would be a kinda interesting thing to try: only talking to people in alphabetical order. Okay, maybe "interesting" isn't the right word. Perhaps "obsessive-compulsive." Or "totally insane."

Anyway, this was the first time I'd met Scott Westerfeld, and I'm happy to report that he's super-nice and didn't run away when I started gushing about how awesome his novel PEEPS is. And this was about the fifth time I'd met John Green (people keep introducing us), but this time I actually got to talk to him for more than a couple seconds. He's also really nice.

The vodka pizza and rice pudding were extremely yummy, as always.

And now back to your regularly scheduled programming...

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 12:41 AM, Blogger coe booth said...

Hey Sarah, great hanging out with you as always! I feel extra special since I'm the one who introduced you to Scott! I love introducing people!

And I'm lovin' my shiny new INTO THE WILD bookmark. Way cool!!!

 
At 9:53 AM, Blogger Sarah Beth Durst said...

COE: Great hanging out with you too! And thanks very much for the introduction! That was very cool of you. Looking forward to seeing you again next time.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home