Wednesday, February 07, 2007

I Heart My 2k7 Tote Bag

Fun stuff in the mail today! I treated myself to some Class of 2k7 paraphernalia: a pin, a tote bag, and a T-shirt, and it all arrived today. I'm particularly enamored with the tote bag because the back of it lists the names of all the Class of 2k7 members (look, look, there's ME! Hee hee!).


In case you're wondering, the Class of 2k7 is a group of 38 debut children's and YA authors (myself included) who have joined together to be a sort of one-stop-shop for BLTs (which, I'm told, has nothing to do with bacon -- it stands for "booksellers, librarians, and teachers" -- Mmmm, bacon...). If you'd like some 2k7 swag of your own, here's the place to find it.

Anyway, I won't be wearing the T-shirt out of the house, since apparently "medium size" at CafePress means "just barely large enough to fit a Cabbage Patch doll," but I will be sporting the snazzy tote bag and pin at this weekend's SCBWI (Society of Children's Book Writers and Illustrators) Winter Conference. So if you see me, come say hi! I'll be the one casually fanning myself with INTO THE WILD bookmarks.

Seriously, though, I am really excited for this weekend. This will be my first time at a SCBWI conference, and I'm hoping to meet lots and lots of cool people. Are any of you going to be there?

Also this weekend is Kidlit Drinks Night, orchestrated by the fabulous Betsy Bird of the Donnell Children's Library and the Fuse #8 blog, and held in celebration of the Class of 2k7. The place should be crawling with 2k7ers (moi included) and we'll be partying like it's 2007! So at the risk of sounding way too 1983... Be there or be square!

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At 7:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the tote bag!
(I'll make a mental note of that cafe press thing in case I buy anything from there).
Also, your post made me want to eat bacon....
Go figure.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home