Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Excerpt / TADN / SFWA Photo

Say hello to Julie!!!

I just posted chapter one of INTO THE WILD on my website. Hope you like it!

Also new on my website: I've updated my reviews page. In addition to the blurb from Tamora Pierce, it now includes some other opinions about the book.

Monday was this month's TADN (Teen Author Drinks Night). I know I've said this before, but one of the best things about being a writer is getting to meet other writers. This month's TADN had the largest turn-out of any that I've been to so far, and I got a chance to talk with a lot of awesome authors: Delia Sherman, Melina Marchetta, Sarah Mylnowski, Liz Braswell, Leslie Margolis, Nico Medina, Blake Nelson, Coe Booth, Bennett Madison, Robyn Schneider... And yes, for those of you who were wondering, there was vodka pizza, carried into the bar heroically by David Levithan. Very cool evening.

In other news, there is now photographic evidence that I was at the SFWA Mill 'n Swill last month. While looking through Ellen Datlow's pictures from the event, I found myself in the background of one of her photos -- way, way in the background, between Mary Turzillo and George Landis. If you squint your eyes, you might even see me. I'm the one smiling at the ceiling. Not sure why I was smiling at the ceiling. Perhaps the ceiling had just finished telling an amusing anecdote about the antics of the floor, the coat rack, and a potted plant... Or maybe I was just smiling at everything that night. Either way, there I am, goofy smile and all!

4 Comments:

At 12:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

A few posts ago you asked if I'd read The Juniper Tree. Well, I hadn't. But I googled it, and now I have.

Whoa. You were right by saying it is a SERIOUSLY WARPED tale. The Grimm stories can be very Grimm, but that one was a little over the top, don't you think?? Scary!

 
At 8:48 AM, Blogger Sarah Beth Durst said...

Yeah, Juniper Tree is definitely disturbing. Gotta wonder about the personal issues of whatever storyteller first told it. I'm not expecting it to be a Disney movie any time soon.

 
At 10:41 AM, Blogger Chana said...

Sarah! This sounds fantastic! How amazing to have a blurb by Tamora Pierce saying such wonderful things about your book. I love her 'Song of the Lioness' and 'Protector of the Small' series (and who can forget the Immortals?) I'll have to be on a watchout for your book!

 
At 8:19 AM, Blogger Sarah Beth Durst said...

Thanks so much, Chana!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home