Saturday, December 09, 2006

Catalog

I thought I had totally saturated on catalogs. We get one every other day from Mrs. Fields Cookies and two a day from J Jill (okay, not literally, but they send a lot). I've seen catalogs that advertise pet strollers, giant plush microbes (your own huggable Salmonella), and a teddy bear that you can plug your iPod into (everyone needs at least two).



But until this week, I'd never seen a catalog with my book in it before!!! Check it out:

The Penguin Young Readers Group Summer 2007 Book Catalog

INTO THE WILD is on page 101. Yay!

It even gives a brand-new description of the book:

Twelve-year-old Julie has grown up hearing about the dangerous world of fairy tales, "the Wild," from which her mother, Rapunzel, escaped.

Now the Wild wants its characters back. Julie comes home from school to find her mother gone and a deep, dark forest swallowing her hometown. Julie must fight wicked witches, avoid glass slippers and fairy godmothers, fly griffins, and outwit ogres in order to rescue her mom and save her Massachusetts town from becoming a fairy-tale kingdom.

Sarah Beth Durst weaves a postmodern fairy tale that's fresh, funny, and sweetly poignant.

Hee-hee! Snoopy-Dance-of-Joy!

I have to admit: there's a part of me that thinks that someone snuck into Penguin's offices and pasted this page into their catalog when they weren't looking... I wonder at what point all of this will actually feel real?

2 Comments:

At 1:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

How exciting!

 
At 3:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good to hear I'm not the only one feeling that way. While mine hasn't appeared in their catalog yet, I keep thinking I'll get the call any day that goes, "We just read your manuscript again, and...uh...we don't know what we were thinking."

Can't wait to read your book!

- Jay

 

Post a Comment

<< Home