Monday, October 30, 2006

SFWA, SFWA, SFWA!

Everybody, conga! SFWA, SFWA, SFWA! Doo-doo-doo-doo-doo, dah! SFWA, SFWA, SFWA! For those of you who don't know but are conga-ing anyway because the rhythm is just that infectious, SFWA stands for Science Fiction and Fantasy Writers of America, Inc., which is why the acronym is SFFWAI... I mean, SFWA. At any rate, it's an organization of professional SF/F writers (a.k.a. the Cool Kids). I have been crashing their parties for years.*

In my defense, my crashing has been aided and abetted by super-kind souls** who offered to let me mention their names to the fierce dragons and gargoyles guarding the door (and don't forget the robots -- never forget the robots), so technically I was a guest at all those shindigs.

But now I am guest no more. I am a card-carrying SFWA Member! Actually, I'm not so card-carrying. My membership packet is in the mail. And I don't know if there's a card in it or not. I do hope there's a diagram of the secret handshake. And a map to the secret lair.

Anyway, I've wanted to be a member for a long time now. And now I am! Eeeeeeeee!!!!!

Does anyone know if there's a SFWA party at World Fantasy Convention in Austin? If so, I'm looking forward to NOT crashing it!

------
* Shhhhhhhhhhhhh! Don't tell anyone.

** I won't name names, but they rhyme with Paul Levinson and Rob Sawyer...

2 Comments:

At 3:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, congratulations!!

Paul
web: www.sff.net/people/paullevinson
blog: www.myspace.com/twiceuponarhyme
blog via RSS: http://blog.myspace.com/blog/rss.cfm?friendID=17346415
videoclips: www.youtube.com/user/PLev20062006
podcast: http://paullev.libsyn.com or http://lightonlightthrough.com
live on radio (Sundays, 7:15am, Pacific time): www.knx1070.com

podcast on iTunes: http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewPodcast?id=202764359

 
At 10:10 AM, Blogger Sarah Beth Durst said...

Thanks, Paul. And thanks for all the times you got me in to SFWA events! You're the best!

Hope to see you at the next shindig.

- Sarah

 

Post a Comment

<< Home